This is the first version of the book so is simply formatted and may contain typos. Your comments and feedback are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ecommerce was worth £130bn in the UK in 2016, up 16% from 2015 figures and driven by mobile phone usage. This growing way of selling to both consumers and businesses can be a powerful way to start or grow a business.
There are a lot of factors to take into account however, and mistakes can be expensive. We’ve been building ecommerce websites for over ten years and have seen clients succeed and fail. We started to see a pattern in who succeeded and who didn’t make it, so have collected all these findings into this guide to help you succeed.
- Chapter 1 Market research for your products and customers to increase the chances of making good profits.
- Chapter 2 Planning how your ecommerce business will actually run and which parts of the project you will need professional help with.
- Chapter 3 Developing your website and working with your web designer.
- Chapter 4 Methods of marketing your new site to generate traffic and sales.
- Chapter 5 Ongoing tasks and refinements you can make once launched.