Building customer trust on your eCommerce website
Building customer trust on your ecommerce website is important to make as many sales as possible. There are lots of ecommerce sites out there and it can be hard to tell which are reputable businesses and which are fly-by-night or untrustworthy.
Here are some basics for increasing customer trust in your website:
- Make sure your site loads fast, looks right in various browsers and is free from broken links. Slow, broken sites do not inspire trust!
- Make sure that at least your payment and login pages are protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate. These certificates help prove your identity, reduce security issues and increase sales.
- Show the seal from your SSL provider prominently on your website to show that you take security seriously.
- Use images of your retail premises and your key members of staff. People often prefer to buy from companies that have a real life shop with items in stock rather than a “drop shipper” working from their back bedroom and not keeping any stock.
- Make sure your website looks professionally designed, without visual errors. A badly designed site shows a lack of quality assurance and decreases the likelihood of making a sale. After all, if customers perceive that you don’t care about your website, you might not care about them.
- Use clear, sensible navigation and site structure that helps people find what they are looking for quickly.
- Show your contact information (including your address) on every page – don’t hide from your customers! If you don’t want to publish your home address, a virtual business address is a good investment.
So here are some quick ideas to increase customer trust in your ecommerce website. Many can be dealt with quickly and easily to help you sell more products online.
Contact us on 01636 812 551 if you need help with building customer trust on your website.