Free beginners Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) course from Yoast
Get up to speed on what search engine optimisation (SEO) is and how to improve it on your website with this free course from Yoast.
Who are Yoast?
Yoast are a company that develop a freemium Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) plugin for WordPress called Yoast SEO, with over a million active users. It’s fair to say that Yoast know how SEO works.
What’s in the SEO For Beginners course?
The SEO For Beginners course is split into three sections:
- What is SEO?
- How search engines like Google work including how they find, visit and rank your website
- The importance of a high quality website including the technical, content and marketing aspects
- How the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress helps with on-page optimisation for keywords as well as technical aspects like breadcrumbs and XML format sitemaps
- Content SEO
- Keywords – what they are, how to research them and how to optimise your website to use them
- The importance of great content including structure, readability and ‘findability’
- Site structure and ‘Cornerstone content’
- Technical SEO
- Crawlability – how easy is it for search engines to follow links and find all your content? Linking your site to Google Search Console to keep an eye on this is part of Yoast’s plugin
- Structured data for content such as addresses, films or recipes and the ‘Knowledge Graph’
How can you put this into practice?
The SEO for Beginners course has videos to watch and PDFs to download as well as quizzes to make sure the knowledge has sunk in. If you have a WordPress website, you can use the free Yoast plugin to address nearly all of the points addressed in the course to improve your website search engine optimisation, increase your traffic and ultimately make more sales.
This free course from Yoast is a great way to learn about Search Engine Optimisation basics and improve traffic to your website.