Marketing your business online: Intro
It would be great if putting a new website online will result in an immediate boost in new business. Sadly this is almost never the case. It takes time to build a site that convinces people to use your products or services and gets decent rankings on search engines that generate visits.
If you don’t market your website it’s like having a lovely shop in the middle of a wilderness. However good your products or services, business will be hard without customers or clients.
Make the most of the investment in your business and website by marketing it well – gaining visitors and turning them into customers or clients.
You can take control
The good news is, you can ignore all those emails from third world SEO companies about it being easy to get on to page one of Google. They are all con-men, know nothing about your business and their shady techniques may actually do more harm than good.
You can make good progress with internet marketing yourself and keep your costs down if you spend time doing the right things and work towards measurable goals.
One step at a time!
It can be daunting looking at the whole spread of marketing at once, but by doing it one piece at a time you will soon get in a routine. Regular habits and consistency are key.
This free ten part series will take you through a number of steps you can work on to promote your business online:
- Blogging regularly with fresh, targeted content
- What to talk about – generating ideas
- Using Twitter effectively
- Using a Facebook business page effectively
- Using Hootsuite to manage Twitter & Facebook
- Collecting a list of email addresses
- Email marketing using Mailchimp newsletters
- Measuring performance by using landing pages
- Using Google Analytics to monitor your progress
- Weekly, monthly and yearly marketing plans
Feel free to drop us a line on 01636 812551 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments about the course or need some help with your marketing!